- This event has passed.
Dyeing Day – July 2023 meeting
16 July @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Have a go at Solar Dyeing, Eco-Printing or Hammered Flower & Leaf Prints at our summer dyeing day, or bring your latest project to work on while you watch the process. See below for what to bring to take part in the dyeing activities.
- Show and Tell – bring something you have recently finished or are still working on to share your progress.
- Sales Table – You are invited to bring craft related and other items for sale. Please, no jumble. 20% of sales goes to the Guild.
- Raffle – with craft related prizes.
TIME/FORMAT: 11.00am – 4.00pm
11.00 – 12:30 Dyeing activity or Craft and Chat
12:30 – 1:15 Informal lunch – bring your own
1.15 – 2.00 Show and Tell, Guild notices and discussions
2.00 – 3.30 More dyeing or Craft and Chat
3.30 – 4.00 Raffle, tidy up
LOCATION: Haddenham Village Hall, Banks Road, Haddenham, HP17 8EE.
Scroll down to see a map. If you follow a SatNav, check it doesn’t send you down Crossways. The one way entrance to the car park is from Banks Road.
FACILITIES: Free Parking. Disabled access. WiFi. Teas/Coffee and Cake.
GUILD MEMBERS : Meeting attendance is included in annual membership fee. Cost of dyeing activity – by donation commensurate with materials used.
VISITOR COST: £5.00 per visitor, per meeting. Additional cost of taking part in dyeing activity TBC.
What to bring for each dye method: Don’t worry if you don’t have the materials or equipment at home, we will have spares of almost everything available and you can swap with your guild buddies too. Please bring an apron and gloves.
- 1-2 litre Kilner/clip-top jar – so it can cope with pressure build up.
- Washed fibre or yarn, or scoured fabric to fill jar – suggest sticking to either protein fibres or cellulose fibres in a single jar.
- Dry natural dye matter if you have it.
- Wooden dowel approx 1-2” diameter and 6-10” long.
- Fresh plant material that you’d like to experiment with.
- Scoured fabric or watercolour paper to print onto – we will have cotton fabric and wallpaper lining paper for you to use.
Hammered Leaf and Flower Prints
- Fresh flowers that you’d like to experiment with.