Welcome to the Buckinghamshire Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers. We are a friendly bunch of fibre enthusiasts who welcome anyone with an interest in our core crafts and beyond. Meetings are held at Haddenham Village Hall, generally on the third Sunday of each month.
Indulge in some Christmas crafts. Visitors welcome £5.00 on the door.19 December
Note re Covid precautions:
- The hall is big enough for us to be well spaced, and we will have all doors open for ventilation.
- We would appreciate it if you would wear a face covering, if possible.
- Please bring your own mug and teaspoon.
- Please ask if you would like to see our covid risk assessment.
To keep informed, please sign up for our newsletter form on this page. New members and visitors are welcome – come visit and find out more about us!
- Bucks Art Weeks June 2021We were delighted that Bucks Art Weeks went ahead this year. During June some of our members exhibited and sold their work at Freya Jones Art & Craft in Stoke … Continue reading “Bucks Art Weeks June 2021”
- Encouraging the next Generation… Demonstration at Elangeni School, AmershamReport by Maggie Brooks Last Friday, 22nd November 2019, six of us met at Elangeni School, Amersham to introduce some practical textiles into the curriculum for year 5. This is … Continue reading “Encouraging the next Generation… Demonstration at Elangeni School, Amersham”
- Report on Oxford Guild’s Fleece to Finished Garment DayWendy Fowler, July 2018 On 21st July I went to the Oxford guild to take part in their fleece to finished garment day. This was held at one of the … Continue reading “Report on Oxford Guild’s Fleece to Finished Garment Day”
Sock Chat on Zoom
ON HOLD: Join us on Zoom for all things sock related and general socialising. If you are interested in knitting socks and maybe dyeing yarn or spinning your own for socks, then come along. Sock newbies welcome – we have experienced sock knitters in the group happy to provide support and advice on getting started! Links are provided in Members newsletters.
Why not join us?
Regular Membership costs £35 per year and is now valid though to December 2022. This includes free entry to our regular meetings, online sessions if held and insurance through the Association of Weavers Spinners and Dyers. For more extensive events we reserve the right to charge a supplement.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram @BucksWSD
If you have been following us on Facebook you will have seen Alison’s dyeing adventures – here’s some daffodil yarn…