Open Day Sunday 17th September 11am – 4pm
Welcome to the Buckinghamshire Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers. We are a friendly bunch of fibre enthusiasts who welcome anyone with an interest in our core crafts and beyond. Meetings are held at Haddenham Village Hall, generally on the third Sunday of each month.
Visit our open day to watch natural dyeing demonstrations, have a go at spinning or weaving, see our exhibition of work and find out more about the heritage crafts of weaving, spinning and dyeing.
Seasonal crafting activities and fun with your guild buddies. There’ll be some member-led craft ac...17 December @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Note re Covid precautions:
- The hall is big enough for us to be well spaced, and we will have all doors open for ventilation.
- We would appreciate it if you would wear a face covering, if possible.
- Please bring your own mug and teaspoon.
- Please ask if you would like to see our covid risk assessment.
To keep informed, please sign up for our newsletter form on this page. New members and visitors are welcome – come visit and find out more about us!
- Weaving Class Open Day 13th MayGuild member Ariana Odell teaches weaving at Queens Park Arts Centre in the centre of Aylesbury. Find out more about her classes at their Open Day in May
- Sustainability in actionSustainability was the theme of guild activities this March. Member makes were shown off on the catwalk of the RE23 Sustainable Fashion in Chorleywood. They showcased the breadth of approaches … Continue reading “Sustainability in action”
- Woodland Walk WrapHelen tells us all about her scarf that was selected for the RE23 Sustainable Fashion Show in March 2023. As she puts it, “The yellow scarf has been hand spun, … Continue reading “Woodland Walk Wrap”
Why not join us?
Membership costs £35 per calendar year and includes entry to our regular meetings, with coffee & cake, online sessions if held, and insurance through the Association of Weavers Spinners and Dyers. For more extensive events we reserve the right to charge a supplement.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram @BucksWSD
If you have been following us on Facebook you will have seen Alison’s dyeing adventures – here’s some daffodil yarn…