Welcome to the Buckinghamshire Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers. We are a friendly bunch of fibre enthusiasts who welcome anyone with an interest in our core crafts and beyond. Meetings are held at Haddenham Village Hall, generally on the third Sunday of each month.
AGM, social crafting and sign up to the latest guild competition. This will either be on Zoom or in ...20 February @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Note re Covid precautions:
- The hall is big enough for us to be well spaced, and we will have all doors open for ventilation.
- We would appreciate it if you would wear a face covering, if possible.
- Please bring your own mug and teaspoon.
- Please ask if you would like to see our covid risk assessment.
To keep informed, please sign up for our newsletter form on this page. New members and visitors are welcome – come visit and find out more about us!
- Alison’s Adventures in Knitting – January 2022 meetingAlison Jolley gave a really interesting talk on the history of leisure knitting, told through her collection of knitting paraphernalia. Some of this collection has come to her through generations … Continue reading “Alison’s Adventures in Knitting – January 2022 meeting”
- Bucks Art Weeks June 2021We were delighted that Bucks Art Weeks went ahead this year. During June some of our members exhibited and sold their work at Freya Jones Art & Craft in Stoke … Continue reading “Bucks Art Weeks June 2021”
- Spinning Competition – January 2020You may be inspired by the colours, the textures, the mood, the shapes – who knows? Let it be a springboard for your fabulous creativity. Your finished article MUST include … Continue reading “Spinning Competition – January 2020”
Sock Chat on Zoom
ON HOLD: Join us on Zoom for all things sock related and general socialising. If you are interested in knitting socks and maybe dyeing yarn or spinning your own for socks, then come along. Sock newbies welcome – we have experienced sock knitters in the group happy to provide support and advice on getting started! Links are provided in Members newsletters.
Why not join us?
Regular Membership costs £35 per year and is now valid though to December 2022. This includes free entry to our regular meetings, online sessions if held and insurance through the Association of Weavers Spinners and Dyers. For more extensive events we reserve the right to charge a supplement.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram @BucksWSD
If you have been following us on Facebook you will have seen Alison’s dyeing adventures – here’s some daffodil yarn…