- This event has passed.
Fibre Art in Fine Art – April 2023 meeting
16 April @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Art historian Hilary Underwood will be talking about fibre arts in paintings during our April guild meeting. In the morning the events team will be planning our stall for the first two outside events of the year. Plus bring along your latest spinning, weaving or dyeing project to work on, show off or to ask advice.
Above: “Las hilanderas con añadidos de mano ajena”, by Diego Velázquez, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
- Show and Tell – bring something you have recently finished or are still working on to share your progress.
- Sales Table – You are invited to bring craft related and other items for sale. Please, no jumble. 20% of sales goes to the Guild.
- Raffle – with craft related prizes. Please bring cash for the raffle and sales table.
TIME/FORMAT: 11.00am – 4.00pm
11.00 – 12:30 Social crafting and event planning
12:30 – 1:15 Informal lunch – bring your own
1.15 – 2.00 Show and Tell, Guild notices and discussions
2.00 – 3.30 Speaker – “Fibre Arts in Paintings”
3.30 – 4.00 Raffle, tidy up
If you are attending just the afternoon session, we would be grateful if you could arrive by 1.15pm to join in with the discussion.
LOCATION: Haddenham Village Hall, Banks Road, Haddenham, HP17 8EE
Scroll down to see a map. If you follow a SatNav, check it doesn’t send you down Crossways. The one way entrance to the car park is from Banks Road.
FACILITIES: Free Parking. Disabled access. WiFi. Teas/Coffee and Cake. (Please bring your own mug and teaspoon if possible.) Bring your own lunch, or there is a Morrison’s Daily across the road and a Co-op 3 mins drive away.
GUILD MEMBERS : Free – meetings attendance is included in annual membership fee.
VISITOR COST: £5.00 per visitor, per meeting
- Please do not attend if you have any symptoms of covid 19.
- The hall is big enough for us to be well spaced, and we can open the doors and windows periodically to ventilate the room.