- This event has passed.
Guild Open Day – Sunday 17th September 2023
17 September @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Try your hand at spinning, weaving and dyeing at our Guild Open Day and find out about the history of our heritage crafts.
For the first time the Guild is taking part in Heritage Open Days, a national event organised by the National Trust. We will be welcoming visitors free of charge to watch demonstrations of weaving, spinning and natural dyeing, view our exhibition of historic and current craft work and have a go at fibre-related activities for all ages throughout the day.
Watch this space for further details or sign up to the newsletter to make sure you get the latest news.
TIME: 11.00am – 4.00pm, no need to book
LOCATION: Haddenham Village Hall, Banks Road, Haddenham, HP17 8EE
Scroll down to see a map. If you follow a SatNav, check it doesn’t send you down Crossways. The one way entrance to the car park is from Banks Road.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT: Village Hall is on bus route between Aylesbury and Oxford stations, or 20 min walk from Haddenham & Thame railway station.
FACILITIES: Free Parking. Disabled access. Toilets inc. accessible and baby-changing. Refreshments available to purchase – tea, coffee, squash and homemade cakes.
FREE ENTRY and FREE ACTIVITIES, including:
- Have a go at dyeing fleece with natural dyes and watch an indigo vat in action
- Try your hand at drop spindling or spinning on a wheel
- Weave on a rigid heddle loom or a simple table loom
- Start braiding on a simple disc and take it home to finish
- Weave a bookmark on a cardboard loom to take home
- Dress the Sheep children’s activity – glueing with fleece
- Children’s trail to follow
- View the exhibition of member’s work and browse the handmade items for sale
- Relax over a cup of tea or coffee and homemade cake while reminiscing about your textile memories
NEARBY ATTRACTIONS: Why not make it part of a day out if you’re coming from a distance? Tiggywinkles Wildlife Hospital is in the same village, or Waddesdon Manor and Buckinghamshire Railway Centre are close by.