Christmas meeting – December 2023 meeting
17 December @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Seasonal crafting activities and fun with your guild buddies. There’ll be some member-led craft activities suitable for gifts or decorations, a swap of fibre or yarn and shared lunch. Plus show off your latest makes. Watch this space for further details or sign up to the newsletter to make sure you get the latest news.
- Show and Tell – bring something you have recently finished or are still working on to share your progress.
- Sales Table – You are invited to bring craft related and other items for sale. Please, no jumble. 20% of sales goes to the Guild.
- Raffle – with craft related prizes.
TIME/FORMAT: 11.00am – 4.00pm
11.00 – 12:30 Craft activities led by members
12:30 – 1:30 Shared lunch – bring a dish to share or your own if you prefer
1.30 – 2.00 Show and Tell and Fibre/Yarn Swap
2.00 – 3.30 More crafting and socialising
3.30 – 4.00 Raffle draw, tidy up
LOCATION: Haddenham Village Hall, Banks Road, Haddenham, HP17 8EE
Scroll down to see a map. If you follow a SatNav, check it doesn’t send you down Crossways. The one way entrance to the car park is from Banks Road.
FACILITIES: Free Parking. Disabled access. WiFi. Teas/Coffee and Cake.
GUILD MEMBERS : Free – meetings attendance is included in annual membership fee.
VISITOR COST: £5.00 per visitor, per meeting
Secret Santa Swap:
The idea is very simple – you bring a 100g parcel of yarn or fibre, and open a surprise package from someone else. You don’t need to sign up, just bring your packages with you on the day and the elves will sort everything.The rules:
- There will be two separate swaps for yarn and fibre, so all exchanges will be like-for-like.
- Please label your parcel stating whether it is fluff or yarn; and the fibre content (wool / alpaca / angora etc – in case of allergies)
- All yarn and fibre must be dyed – it’s supposed to be an exciting gift, and most people will be disappointed by a braid of plain white fluff however soft it is.
- All fibre must be prepared, no fleece – not everyone has the tools or the ability to process it.
- It doesn’t have to be super expensive to be an enjoyable spin / knit but it does need to be good quality. If you banished it to the bottom of your stash because it was a compacted, felted disaster, please leave it there and pick something else ! As a guide, the value of your package should be around £5 or over.
- Everyone will open their parcels at the meeting (unless anyone can’t come but wants to take part – if that’s you, email Zoe), seeing what everyone else has got is half the fun !