- This event has passed.
19 December 2021
We will indulge in some Christmas crafts – dig out your tinsel!
TIME/FORMAT: 11.00am – 4.00pm
11.00am Christmas Crafts
12.30pm Shared lunch and competition judging
2.00pm Quiz and Secret Santa Swap
FACILITIES: Free Parking. The one way entrance to the parking is from Banks Road (for those of you with satnav, check as it could send you down Crossways). WiFi. Disabled access. Teas/Coffees.
GUILD MEMBERS : Free – meetings attendance is included in annual membership fee.
VISITOR COST: £5.00 per visitor, per meeting
Christmas crafts – Creating Christmas tree decorations using Dorset buttons, twisted cords & woven paper hearts. Details of what you need to bring will be included in the December members’ newsletter.
Lunch – Bring and share, covid-style (individual things, no bowls of crisps etc, minimal handling)
Christmas Competition judging – bring your entries, there will be prizes! The theme is ’12 Days of Christmas’. Your project must include weaving, spinning or dyeing (or any combination thereof), beyond that it’s up to your imagination.
Secret Santa Swap
Once again we will be running our Secret Santa Swap at the December meeting. The idea is very simple – you bring a 100g parcel of yarn or fibre, and open a surprise package from someone else. You don’t need to sign up, just bring your packages with you on the day and the elves will sort everything.
- There will be two separate swaps for yarn and fibre, so all exchanges will be like-for-like.
- Please label your parcel stating whether it is fluff or yarn; and the fibre content (wool / alpaca / angora etc – in case of allergies)
- All yarn and fibre must be dyed – it’s supposed to be an exciting gift, and most people will be disappointed by a braid of plain white fluff however soft it is.
- All fibre must be prepared, no fleece – not everyone has the tools or the ability to process it.
- It doesn’t have to be expensive to be an enjoyable spin / knit but it does need to be good quality. If you banished it to the bottom of your stash because it was a compacted, felted disaster, please leave it there and pick something else !
- Everyone will open their parcels at the meeting, seeing what everyone else has got is half the fun !