2022 saw very engaged and sociable members meeting monthly at Haddenham Village Hall. We had a varied program of events (See the list and links to event reports here) and an enjoyable visit to Snowshill Manor in August. 2023 has continued in similar vein and included an outing to Whitchurch Silk Mill in August. We have also taken part at more public events.
Membership costs £35 per year (From June £17.50 for the balance of this year) and provides free access to meetings, insurance for external events via the The Association of Guilds of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers and discounted workshop fees – see full membership benefits list below. Right-click to download a form for 2023 here.
Membership forms are also available at meetings and can be paid by cash (at meeting), by direct bank transfer or by cheque. We are trialling card payments and they can be taken here – However you pay, if it is not at a meeting, please ensure a membership form is also sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Affiliation to the Association of Guilds of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers
- Monthly meetings with like-minded individuals
- Free attendance to meetings with Speakers
- Access to Workshops at discounted rates
- Access to borrow / hire Guild equipment
- Invitations to demonstrate our skills in and around the county
- Competitions and events
- Free loan of books from Bucks Guild library and also postal loans from the extensive AGWSD library.
- Reduced subscription to The Journal – the professionally produced quarterly magazine of AGWSD.
- Opportunity to apply for bursaries for education including to the week-long biennial AGWSD summer school.
- Opportunity to study towards certificates of achievement.
- Opportunity to display work in public exhibitions.
A view of competition entries